The Cemetery consists of approximately 4,000 grave sites. This Historical Cemetery has been open since 1921 and plots are no longer available.
Weslaco Cemetery Expansion
425 Academy Dr., Weslaco, TX
It consists of approximately 3,800 new grave sites. Plots will be sold at $1,000.00 per lot exclusively to City of Weslaco taxpayers and to those persons who have immediate family members buried at the old Weslaco Cemetery. Purchases of plots are also offered to non-residents at $1,500.00 per plot. Plus an additional $95.00 for recording fees (Edinburg Court House).
Weslaco resident must show proof of residence by providing the most Current Property Taxes, Valid I.D. & Water Bill.
|City Cemetery Fee Schedule||Weslaco Tax Payer||Non-Weslaco Tax Payer|
|Holidays and after 4:00 pm on weekends||$600||$700|
|**Prices are subject to change|
- 12, 24, or 36 months
- $100 Administration fee per plot
- $1,000 or $1,500 Plot fee
- $95 Recording fee
- Maximum of 2 plots can be put on a payment plan
- The City of Weslaco offers a payment plan to pay your cemetery plots. Maximum of 2 plots can
be paid in installments.
- A $100.00 administration fee is charged at the time of process.
- The preferred payment method is cash, check or debit card (Visa and MasterCard Only)
For your security, The City of Weslaco does not store credit or debit card information when you make a payment. As a result, we cannot auto-debit subsequent payments. It is your responsibility to make subsequent payments by the payment due date.
- If payment is not received in 3 consecutive months any previous paid money will be forfeited.
- Minimum payment is due every month. You may make payment before due date.
- Plot(s) must be paid before immediate use.
Headstone Marker Permit
Permit Required: Headstone shall NOT be installed without first obtaining a permit to do so. Permits issued apply only to the lot/grave(s) described in the application and in the permit issued thereon, and only one location shall be so described in each permit. A permit, which has been issued to a lot/grave(s), may not be transferred to any other lot/grave(s).
Markers are to be consistent in size to measure 24 X 12 or 28 X 16 flat stone only, no ledgers are permitted.
NOTE: Make contact with Cemetery personnel for grave location prior to installing/repairing marker.