COMMUNITY OUTREACH DIVISION
The Weslaco Police Department Community Outreach Division is under the administration of Captain Robert DeLaCERDA. Captain DeLaCERDA oversees one (1) lieutenant, two (2) sergeants, four (4) sworn police officers, and one (1) civilian staff member. The Community Outreach Division is directly responsible for creating a positive police/community relationship. Additionally, they take a pro-active approach to eliminating pattern crime through community education.
- The Outreach Lieutenant is responsible for oversight of both Outreach Sergeants, the four (4) Police Area Representatives (PARs), and the Graffiti Custodian.
- The Outreach Sergeant reports directly to the Outreach Lieutenant and oversees the day-to-day efforts of the PARs and the Graffiti Custodian.
- The Outreach PARs are directly responsible for:
- police/community presentations
- social media updates
- neighborhood watch programs
- business watch programs
- copsicle patrols
- public education campaigns
- The Outreach Graffiti Custodian is responsible for:
- urban blight removal
- department vehicle maintenance
- Weslaco PD on Social Media