Weslaco Cemetery Expansion
425 Academy Dr., Weslaco, TX
It consists of approximately 3,800 new gravesites. Plots will be sold at $1,000 per lot exclusively to the City of Weslaco residents taxpayers. Purchases of plots are also offered to non-residents at $1,500 per plot. Plus an additional $95 for recording fees (Edinburg Court House).
Weslaco resident must show proof of residence by providing the most Current Property Taxes, Valid I.D. & Water Bill.
|City Cemetery Fee Schedule||Weslaco Residents||Non-Weslaco Residents|
|Holidays and after 4:00 pm on weekends||$600||$700|
|**Prices are subject to change|
- 12, 24, or 36 months
- $100 Administration fee per plot
- $1,000 or $1,500 Plot fee
- $95 Recording fee
- A maximum of 2 plots can be put on a payment plan
Payment Plan Terms and Conditions
- The City of Weslaco offers a payment plan to pay your cemetery plots. A maximum of 2 plots can
- be paid in installments.
- A $100.00 administration fee is charged at the time of the process.
- The preferred payment method is cash, check or debit card (Visa and MasterCard Only)
- For your security, The City of Weslaco does not store credit or debit card information when you make payment. As a result, we cannot auto-debit subsequent payments. It is your responsibility to make subsequent payments by the payment due date.
- If payment is not received in 3 consecutive months any previously paid money will be forfeited.
- The minimum payment is due every month. You may make payment before the due date.
- Plot(s) must be paid before immediate use.
Ordinance No. 2016-16 - Updates to Rules and Regulations at the City Cemetery and Allowing Memorial Benches
Headstone Marker Permit
Permit Required: Headstone shall NOT be installed without first obtaining a permit to do so. Permits issued apply only to the lot/grave(s) described in the application and in the permit issued thereon, and only one location shall be so described in each permit. A permit, which has been issued to a lot/grave(s), may not be transferred to any other lot/grave(s).
Markers are to be consistent in size to measure SINGLE 24 X 12 or 28 X 12, DOUBLE 48X16 flat stone only, no ledgers are permitted.
NOTE: Make contact with Cemetery personnel for grave location prior to installing/repairing marker.