Code Enforcement is a service provided to properties within the city limits to keep residential and commercial properties in compliance with Weslaco, Texas Code of Ordinances. Mission: To keep residential and commercial properties in compliance with city ordinances that help keep Weslaco beautiful so that it is a safe and healthy place to live and visit.
Municipal Code of Ordinances
Common Code Violations: Click topics to view full Ordinance
- Overgrown Grass or Weeds- grass or weeds more than twelve inches (12”) tall are not permitted. Any person in possession of any lot or parcel of real estate including the owner, tenant, or representative of any non-resident owner is responsible for maintaining and shall be held to include any lot or parcel of real estate lying and being adjacent to, abutting, and extending beyond the property line of any such lot or parcel of real estate to any adjacent sidewalks and to the centerline of any adjacent or abutting street or alley.
- Accumulation of Junk and Debris - Accumulation of rubbish (litter, refuse, junk, etc.) on property.
- Illegal Dumping/Depositing Garbage, Trash, Grass Clippings, etc. - it shall be unlawful for any person to sweep, throw, deposit, or permit any garbage or trash upon or along any drain, gutter, alley, sidewalk, street or vacant lot, or upon any public or private premises within the city.
- Junked Vehicle - junked vehicle means any motor vehicle that is self-propelled and does not have lawfully attached to it an unexpired license plate or a valid motor vehicle inspection certificate and is wrecked, dismantled or partially dismantled, or discarded or inoperable and has remained inoperable for more than Seventy-two (72) consecutive hours if the vehicle is on public property or thirty (30) consecutive days if the vehicle is on private property.
- Residential Truck Parking - The parking, storing, or otherwise stationing of truck-tractors, trailers, pole-trailers, semitrailers, house trailers, and trucks (exceeding 30 feet in length) on public rights-of-way, or in improved or unimproved lots is prohibited.
Vector Control Units: